Tuesday, June 17, 2014

#TLCVoxBox

                                                               



I received my first VoxBox from Influenster this month! Here's what was in it!

Breyers Gelato Indulgences


I got Tiramisu flavor (I love me some delicious Tiramisu!), but I think they also had Raspberry Cheesecake, Vanilla Caramel, and Triple Chocolate. Tirimisu was not a bad choice. This ice cream was so delicious. From the first bite, I knew it was true love. The packaging was different than what I have seen before. It was clear and seemed to be a little better quality than most of what I get. It was a good sized package. The ice cream was very creamy and tasty with chocolate in it and the signature Tirimisu coffee taste. The 'lady fingers' (balls) were at the bottom and I really liked the taste of those. I wish there had been a few more, I thought they were a little bit lacking. My husband was not a huge fan, but I think this is my new favorite ice cream.


Ivory Bar Soap
I am not a fan. I like the smell, but that's about it. The soap smells lemony and clean. I used the soap for a few days in the shower, and after the first use, my skin felt slimy and slick, but dry. However that is possible. The next day I felt like I smelled worse during my shower, so I ended up rewashing with my regular soap (Dove). I would not recommend this product for washing, but I've heard it is great for doing fun things like making bath crayons or bubbling it up in the microwave.





Neo To Go

This is a great product. I actually already had it in my medicine cabinet before I got it with my box. I have a four year old at home who isn't very keen on having medicine put on him, so when he scraped his arm, this was really easy to apply without much fuss from him. I love that it is hands free on the application so I dont have to actually get my hands in any cream to apply it. It seems to work as well as the cream.

Avon Anew Reversalist Wrinkle Cream

This was in my box, but I am only 24 and according to my husband (maybe he is trying to stay out of the dog house...?) I dont have any wrinkles. So I sent this to my mom to try out. I will let you know how she likes it after she tries it.

Puff Plus Lotion To Go
I really enjoy these tissues. They are soft with the lotion and convenient while on the go. I actually prefer Kleenex's little to go fold over packs better, but as far as the actual tissue is concerned, they are on level playing field with me.

Shell Fuel Rewards Card 
 This care was a little... difficult for me to understand. I don't know if I didn't quite read the directions well enough or what, but I do have it figured out now. To use this card, you link your debit and credit cards. At this time, if you like a Mastercard, you save $.25 a gallon on your first fill up. After you link your cards, you start earning points to use at the pump for cash off per gallon. You can track your savings online. You earn points by purchasing goods in Shell convenience stores and dining out in sponsored restaurants and spending money in other sponsored businesses. Unfortunately, it does not appear that any of the restaurants I eat at are sponsoring this program. There is a Lonestar Steakhouse in my town that does the program, and that's it. It looks like they pretty much just do local restaurants and no chain restaurants. If you want to earn points by online shopping, you can go to the Shell website and click on the link to stores you want to shop at. I saw some links to earn 10x the points!

So, the part I was confused on was, am I going to have to swipe this card every time I want to earn points? Is this like the Target Red card where I use this instead of my debit card everywhere? No! Once you link your debit and credit cards, it automatically tracks your purchases there. No need to tell anyone you are earning points.At the pump, you swipe this card before your debit card (you will still use that) and it will show you how much you will save per gallon. Not quite as confusing as I thought. I think this would be a good card if you frequent the restaurants and places the card is accepted and if you have Shells close by. I'm not sure if we will get much use out of it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment